Monday, April 19, 2010

A Week in the Life has begun!!!

Hi Everyone,
Hope you all are on this journey with me as we document a 'ordinary' week in our lives. Ali started today off with a quote that I have never seen but I truly love. I thought I would share it with you all.

And while it takes courage to achieve greatness, it takes more courage to find fulfillment in being ordinary. For the joys that last have little relationship to achievement, to standing one step higher on the platform. What is the adventure in being ordinary? It is daring to love just for the pleasure of giving it away. It is venturing to give new life and to nurture it to maturity. It is working hard for the pure joy of being tired at the end of the day. It is caring and sharing and giving and loving... Marilyn Thomsen

I think this quote will go in today's documentation. It makes me look at 'ordinary' as truly 'extraordinary'. The gifts we give and receive each day that mean the most are the little, seemingly thoughtless things we do for ourselves and others either out of habit or simply out of love.

My twin sister and I actually began our Week in the Life this past Saturday instead of waiting for today. We had two (weekend) fun-filled days together. It seemed that we spent almost the entire weekend together. That is why my husband and I moved here two months ago, to 'do life' with their family. We documented every little thing over the past two days but somehow I still fill like we 'missed' some things. Oh well, it will all come together nicely I am sure. I would like to share just one photo from today. This was a little bit of my sunrise outside my bedroom window this morning. I didn't get the greatest sunrise photo today but I will try again tomorrow. Enjoy and have a blessed day!


No comments: