Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello September

My where has the summer gone? Boy is time flying fast these days. It seems like just yesterday our kiddos were getting out of school (one graduated from High School) and starting their summer and now the next school year is already in full swing. Is it just me or did summers last longer when we were younger? I think they did.

We are what you all would call empty-nesters. We have a blended family with three adult children (all living out of state), one that just graduated and is heading off to the National Guard, one in the 11th grade living with his father, and one just beginning 9th grade (1st year in High School) and she lives with her mother. It is extremely quiet around her most days. My husband and I both work from home. (we know what a blessing that is and we are so very grateful) But with no kiddos in the house sometimes (most of the time) I miss not having some of the children around all the time.

No comments: