Monday, December 14, 2009

Wow...5 Years Already!!! Happy Anniversary to 'US'

Dec. 11th - my hubby and I have been married for 5 years. We were both married before and had been single for quite a long time before finding each other. We both belong to the same church and had been friends for almost 3 years before God let us truly 'see' each other for the roles that He had for us in each other's future. At times it feels like yesterday that we were saying 'I do' but on the other hand we feel like we have been married and together for our entire lives. We just instantly became 'Us' and it felt like we had just always been. Well we went out of town for our anniversary to the same cabin that we stayed in for our honeymoon 5 years ago. My aunt and uncle own a cabin right on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia so we took them up on their offer to stay again. We had a wonderful time. Here are a few pics from our weekend. (the ones I can share with you of course...lol) Me and my honey!!! (boy and I a blessed girl)




We took our pictures at this very same rock on the Blue Ridge Parkway 5 years ago and we always make it a point (anytime we are in that area) to go by 'our rock'.






They had a snow and ice storm two days before we arrived. There was still quite a bit of snow in the area. It was absolutely beautiful.

I bet we saw over 100 deer over the three days we were there. They let us get so close (as long as we were still in the car) it was unbelievable. I bet they are use to the 'tourist' taking their photos. We were amazed at how majestic they looked.
With all the 'house here is on the market', 'I am transitioning in my job', 'we are house hunting in Virginia', and 'it's Christmas time' we needed this much deserved time away. It was truly everything that the two of us hoped it would be.

1 comment:

terrijkempf.blogspot.com said...

great blog post we all enjoyed your visit here and are more excited than you can imagine that you guys will be here soon. Yeah!!!