Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December Daily - Day 7

December 7th - I have needed a haircuts for a long time now. I have been putting it off because I have been so busy tending to my husband after a recent surgery. Well, today was the day. I called them this morning and she could fit me in at 1pm and I said - book it. I will be there. I had her add some layers to make my hair not look so heavy. I love the way she styled it, actually, I love everything about it. I was a happy camper leaving that beauty shop.

Today's pages documents my hair cut and my sister and I making cards. We are involved in a 'card exchange' with some friends early next week. Each person is making the same card (20 of them) for a specific season of the year, and then we will get together and do an exchange. We will each come away with 4 stacks of 'generic' cards that we can use as gifts this year. This is the first time I have been involved in anything like this. I am not much of a 'card' maker. I don't know why, but cards tend to intimidate me. I can do mini albums, 12X12 layouts, and all other sizes in between, but cards...not so much. I picked an 'easy' card to make (found this sample in the Stampin' Up catalog) so that I would feel comfortable making them. I went to my sister's house so that we could make them together. It was a lot of fun. I actually had a good 'card' experience. Yeah!!!

Here are my pages documenting these two things: Enjoy!

2 comments:

Katie Cannon said...

I love how you included a before and after picture and I love the card it is very sweet and simple

Ashley said...

MOM i am so in love with ur hair and ur book u are so beautiful and talented i cant wait to use the learned mommy magic with brooklynn i pray im even half the mommy you are!!!!